Note: You are entitled to a minimum of 08 hours of annual OH&S training, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement. Please ensure that you have approval from your employer prior to applying for this EMPLOYER PAID training.
Building Effective OH&S Committees (NEW!)
This course is for OH&S committee representatives with more than 6 months experience serving on an OH&S committee.
Does your committee struggle to address health and safety concerns? Are your committee meetings filled with conflict and inaction? This course has been designed to allow participants to evaluate their joint committee effectiveness and to develop the tools, resources and strategies to build on their successes and to effectively address the difficult OH&S issues. Please ensure that you are a union appointed committee member, and that you have taken the prerequisite Basic Committee Training course prior to registering for this course.
In this course, you will learn:
- Key elements of an effective joint OH&S committee
- Group dynamics and stages of group development.
- How to solve issues and learn to use the dispute resolution processes available through OH&S legislation.
- Identify barriers facing a committee and develop practical strategies and solutions to deal with them.
- Learn the importance of developing terms of reference for your committee
- Learn how to conduct an annual committee evaluation
This course is limited to 24 seats so register early to avoid disappointment.
The BCGEU invites and encourages employer representatives to attend BCGEU OHS training courses. Please share this registration link with your employer and co-committee members.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today!