LOCAL 304 Area 04 Basic Stewards Training Webinar
Zoom Link to be advised Na, BC V6T 1Z4 Canada
The Covid-19 pandemic prevents us from gathering in person for steward training but we are pleased to invite you to the interim basic stewards training webinar (BSTW). This webinar is for all stewards who have not taken the Steward Fundamentals course. By the end of this course you will understand:
· your rights and responsibilities as steward
· how to get started as steward
· how understand the grievance procedure
· how to handle disciplinary grievances
This webinar does not replace Step UP! or Steward Fundamentals. but once we can offer these in person courses safely you will be invited to register for them.
To join this training you will need:
· computer with internal audio or speakers, microphone & camera
· high speed internet
· a quiet space, pad of paper, pen and copy of your Collective Agreement
You can request a union paid leave of absence from your employer for training. We will send you an LOA to give to your employer. Please request the LOA by providing the number of hours you would normally work on this day.
We look forward to seeing you in the Zoom room!