Local 1203 General Meeting
Suite #130 - 2920 Virtual Way Vancouver, BC V5M 0C4, BC V5M 4X3 Canada
Re: Local 1203 General Meeting & Education re: Special & Other Leaves
Date & Time: October 24, 2019 | 6:00pm – 8:00pm (Dinner at 5:30pm)
Place: Lower Mainland Office – Squamish Room
#130-2920 Virtual Way, Vancouver (kitty corner from the Renfrew Skytrain st
Hello 1203 BCGEU Members,
You are all invited to our general 1203 meeting - it's a chance to meet co-workers from throughout the Lower Mainland, and learn more about your union, your workplace, and your rights.
Our upcoming education session and discussion on October 24 is regarding Special and Other Leaves – what you need to know.
Please note there will be a motion to amend the local bylaws. Changes include:
1. Indigenous Territory Acknowledgement added to Order of Business;
2. Increasing the number of Members At Large from 10 to 12;
3. Adding an equity worker representative;
4. Change of quorum for general membership meetings;
5. Amendments to the duties of the treasurer which reflect current practice;
6. Other language cleanup.
To register please RSVP by 5:00pm on Monday, October 21, 2019 and advise of any dietary restrictions.
Our doors will open at 5:00pm, we will serve dinner at 5:30pm, and the meeting will start at 6:00pm. Please note that the external door closes at 6:00pm.
We hope to see you there!
Paula Dribnenki, Staff Representative
Matthew Damario, Local 1203 Chairperson