Labour Code OHS - Online Basic Committee Training
January 26, 2021 at 9am - January 27, 2021 at 1pm
This is an introductory course offered to union appointed committee members. BCGEU courses are also open to employer representatives. This course is a prerequisite for all other BCGEU OH&S courses. It is a must for new committee members and a refresher for those with experience. In this course, you will learn:
January 26, 9am to 1pm PST - Module 1:
- 4 basic OHS rights – Right to Know, Right to Participate, Right to Refuse Unsafe Work and Right to No Retaliation
- Introduction to the Workers' Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Roles and responsibilities of the employer, supervisor, workers and committees
- Committee structure, duties, and functions and committee evaluations
January 27, 9am to 1pm PST - Module 2:
- Hazard identification and control measures
- Introduction to workplace inspections and incident investigations
This course is limited to 24 spots so register early to avoid disappointment.
Sorry, this event is sold out.