Labour Code OHS Committee Training in the Vancouver Area
"Joint OHS Committee Training" will be held on Wednesday, May 24 and "Investigations" will be held on Thursday, May 25. These courses will be held at the BCGEU Lower Mainland office at #130 – 2920 Virtual Way, Vancouver from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
In the Joint OHS Committee Training course you will learn:
- Worker OHS rights, including the refusal of unsafe work procedure
- OHS legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of employers, workers, supervisors and committees
- Hazard identification and control measures
- How to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations
- Resources available to the committee
In the Incident Investigations you will learn:
- The legislative requirements for conducting accident/incident investigations
- How to get to the contributing factors by conducting effective witness interviews and examining physical evidence
- How to assess the evidence in order to recommend effective corrective measures
These courses are limited to 22 seats so register early at firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today.
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply for this employer paid leave through your employer.
130 2920 Virtual Way Vancouver , BC V5M 4X3 Canada