Joint OHS Committee Training
2994 Douglas St Victoria, BC V8T 4N4 Canada
This is the introductory 1 day course offered to joint committee members in the non-government sector. It is a prerequisite for all other BCGEU OH&S courses. A must for new committee members and a refresher for those with experience.
In this course you will learn:
· Worker OH&S rights, including the refusal of unsafe work procedure
· OH&S legislation
· Roles and responsibilities of employers, workers, supervisors and committees
· Hazard identification and control measures
· How to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations
· Resources available to the committee
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply and ensure that you have approval from your employer for this employer paid training.
Also, for lunch ordering purposes, please provide any dietary allergies when you register.