Joint OHS Committee Training
This is the introductory 1 day course offered to joint committee members in the non-government sector. It is a prerequisite for all other BCGEU OH&S courses. A must for new committee members and a refresher for those with experience.
In this course you will learn:
· Worker OH&S rights, including the refusal of unsafe work procedure
· OH&S legislation
· Roles and responsibilities of employers, workers, supervisors and committees
· Hazard identification and control measures
· How to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations
· Resources available to the committee
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply and ensure that you have approval from your employer for this employer paid training.
Also, for lunch ordering purposes, please provide any dietary allergies when you register.
2994 Douglas St Victoria, BC V8T 4N4 Canada