Diversity, Inclusion and Intercultural Competency for the Workplace
September 15, 2018 at 9:30am - September 15, 2018 at 4pm
BCGEU Lower Mainland Area Office
130 2920 Virtual Way
Vancouver, Near Renfrew Skytrain, BC
This workshop will explore Intercultural Competency (IC) to build inclusive and respectful work environments. Learn how to navigate, communicate and thrive in today's diverse workplace. Lunch is provided. A completion certificate is available.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the value of Intercultural Competency (IC) in interaction and communication with colleagues, clients and the public;
- Understand the role of IC in inclusion within a diverse clientele and the public; Increase your appreciation of tolerance for difference by exploring identity and understanding multiple perspectives;
- Use simple intercultural concepts to understand challenging scenarios;
- Work with a modified skill cycle to process intercultural challenges at the workplace; Increase self-awareness and build confidence to manage intercultural difference;
- Provide a stronger example of leadership by demonstrating IC with each other.
Presented by MOSAIC. This workshop is free.
Sorry, this event is sold out.