October 15, 2016 at 10am - October 15, 2016 at 2pm
BCGEU Okanagan Area Office
1064 Borden Ave
Kelowna, BC V1Y 6A8
Saturday, October 15, 2016
10.00 am to 12.00 pm
Budgeting has gotten a bad reputation as something that is restrictive, boring and doesn’t work. However a budget is just a plan for your money based on your priorities and goals. Have you ever wondered why some people are so good with their money and others aren’t? Likely someone taught them how to manage their money so they can create the life they want. In the Budgeting 101 workshop, you will learn how to:
- Identify your money values so you can make decisions that align with them;
- Set SMART financial goals so that you can create a plan that includes the cost, timeframe and how much your goal will cost you per paycheque;
- Understand the components of a budget (net income, expenses, and money for spending later);
- Identify what your personal reason is for being good with your money;
- Track your expenses so you never have to have that conversation in your head wondering where all of your money went this month;
- Plan and pay for irregular expenses like birthdays, Christmas, and car maintenance;
- Create an emergency savings plan for rainy days;
- Create and manage savings for goals like vacations and fun things; and
- Create a paycheque plan so NSF charges in your account are a thing of the past.
Stay for lunch and our afternoon workshop, Retiring Without Debt (Register here).
Sorry, this event is sold out.