SOLD OUT - Area 12 - Steward Fundamentals (In-Person)
4600 Lazelle Ave Terrace, BC V8G 1S5 Canada
STEWARD FUNDAMENTALS TRAINING
DATE: Wednesday, April 13 & Thursday, April 14, 2022
LOCATION: In-Person at the Terrace Area Office
TIME: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
This course will offer the following:
• Rights & Responsibilities of a Steward
• Getting to know your Collective Agreement
• Workplace Investigations and Meetings
• What is a Grievance
• Steps to filling out a Grievance form
Steward Fundamentals, is a 2-day course, focused on the essential skills every steward needs to know. Through interactive group activities, role-plays, and skills development, stewards are introduced to the key roles and responsibilities of a steward as advocate, educator, organizer and communicator. Stewards will leave feeling more confident and effective in their role and skillful in their interactions with members and the employer. Sessions will have limited seating so priority will be to registrants on a first come first serve basis. Please register below and reserve your seat.
A union-paid leave-of-absence is provided for this course (if you are scheduled to work). If you require a Leave of Absence please indicate this when you RSVP including the number of hours required for the leave. Notify your Supervisor immediately of the date you require off for Union Business and advise paperwork coming.
Lunch will be provided. Please advise if you have any allergies with special dietary requirements.
BCGEU COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR DAY OF COURSE – With no exceptions
• Proof of vaccination is required and verified by the office using the BC Vaccine card verifier app
• Each participant must complete a rapid test prior to entering the meeting room, test provided at the office and verified upon arrival.
• Members are required to wear a face mask while entering the building. A KN95 protective face mask will be provided to you upon arrival, which must be worn while in attendance at the BCGEU. No other facemasks will be permitted while in attendance except for the provided K95 face mask.
• Prior to entry to the building, all attendees are required to complete the following self-assessment by answering the questions at: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en Please follow any directive of the self-assessment.