Area 10 Local 0610 Delegates to Convention election
10147 100th Ave Fort St. John, BC V1J 1Y7 Canada
COMPONENT: Social, Information & Health
DATE: Friday, March 6 2020
TIME: 5:00 pm
PLACE: BCGEU Peace River Area Office
10147 100 Ave
Fort St. John, BC
**Upstairs, please use back door**
· Election of Convention Delegates:
Nominations Closing March 3 at 5 p.m.
If you cannot attend in person, please use the following information to join in by phone:
1 (866) 562-0090 - Toll Free Conference ID: 974683
NOTE: If you are unable to attend the meeting physically, but would still like to be part of the process, please refer to the process below:
1. Callers have to identify themselves at the beginning of the meeting (in case there are any issues on who is on the phone and whether they are eligible to vote); only callers who identified themselves before the voting starts are eligible to vote this way (if a ballot is received from someone who did not identify prior to the voting starting, the ballot cannot be counted);
2. Once nominations are closed, and it is determined an election is necessary, callers would be instructed that to cast a ballot they can email or text their votes to the staff representative (the staff rep will have to provide their email or phone number for this purpose);
3. Callers would then vote via email/text message through the staff rep;
4. In order to ensure the "secret ballot" piece of the election, the staff rep will transfer the names onto whatever paper ballot the local is using and drop the ballot in the ballot box; This will give each member on the phone an opportunity to submit a ballot and have their vote counted;
5. Once the election(s) is completed, the staff rep must permanently delete the ballots received by email/text (on email, must delete from their Inbox as well as from their Trash folder).
To utilize this process, the number for the Staff Representative will be delivered at the meeting.