CANCELLED - Area 09 Education Fair - The Working Mind
2316 Columbia Ave Castlegar, BC V1N 2X1 Canada
The Working Mind (TWM) is an evidence-based program designed to promote mental health and reduce the stigma around mental illness in the workplace.
By reducing stigma and discrimination, TWM helps organizations create a culture that fosters greater awareness and support for mental health among employees, managers, and employers.
TWM offers practical knowledge to increase participants' overall comfort level with mental illness. On completing the course, employees will be able to:
- understand mental health and mental illness
- recognize its signs and indicators, in themselves and others
- reduce stigma and negative attitudes toward people with mental health problems
- support colleagues with mental health problems
- maintain their own mental health and improve their resilience.
All BCGEU members and their families are welcome to register. Space is limited. Spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis so register now.