Area 07 Online Steward Basics Webinar
Zoom Kelowna, BC V1Y 2A3 Canada
The Covid-19 pandemic prevents us from gathering for face-to-face steward training, but we are pleased to offer this interim Steward Basics webinar. This webinar is for you if you are a steward but have not yet attended our Steward Fundamentals course or any previous steward training webinars.
By the end of this webinar, you will understand:
- your rights and responsibilities as a steward
- how to get started as a steward
- the grievance procedure
- how to handle disciplinary grievances
This does not replace our in-person STEP UP! and Steward Fundamentals courses. Once we can offer those in-person courses safely, you will be invited to register for them.
If training is full and you would like to be added to the waitlist, please email [email protected]
For this training you will need:
- a computer with internal audio or external speakers, a microphone and built-in camera
- high-speed internet connection
- a relatively quiet space, a pad of paper, pen and a copy of your collective agreement
A union-paid leave of absence can be provided for this training. If your employer will approve the time off work, you can submit your leave of absence requirements at the same time you register.