Area 07 Education Fair: The Working Mind Virtual
Zoom Zoom, BC V4N 0G3 Canada
The Area 07 Cross Component Committee is pleased to present The Working Mind Virtual online course for the Education Fair.
The Working Mind (TWM) Virtual is an evidence-based program from the Mental Health Commission of Canada designed to promote mental health and reduce the stigma around mental illness in the workplace. The course offers practical knowledge to increase participants' overall comfort level with mental illness. Over 5 hours (with breaks!), the course covers the following topics:
Mental Health and Stigma
· Define basic concepts related to mental health and mental illness
· Recognize the impact of stigma and discuss how to reduce stigma and other barriers to care
Mental Health in the Workplace
· Recognize and keep track of changes in your mental health and well-being and know when to take appropriate actions
· Have conversations about mental health and mental illness with colleagues, friends and family members
Stress and Resilience
· Identify and practice coping strategies to manage stress and remain resilient
· Identify and use available resources to support yourself
Please register as soon as possible as space is limited! Deadline for registration is May 13th at 5 p.m.