Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 05:00 PMLower Mainland Area Office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nominations are open for delegates to the BCGEU convention.
Election of delegates to the BCGEU 50th CONVENTION
- Call for Resolutions 2017 BCGEU Convention
- Election of Delegates and Alternates to Convention (Local 503 is entitled to 9 delegates and 2 alternates)
The 2017 Tri Annual BCGEU Constitutional Convention will be taking place from Wednesday, June 14, 2017 to Saturday, June 17, 2017. Convention is the time when you, the members decide who the next BCGEU President, Treasurer and four Executive Vice-Presidents will be and what the mandate of YOUR Union will be over the next three years.
Resolutions are put forward by members for members. In order for your union leadership to carry out the work on behalf of the membership it is your responsibility to put forward your ideas. Please take the time to review the Constitution and consider the direction your union should be heading and provide your input. Attached is a copy of the resolution form, which should be used when submitting resolutions.
If you would like to run as a delegate to convention please fill out the attached nomination form and follow the instructions.
Members of your local executive are available to answer any questions you may have and we look forward to seeing you at the meeting.
Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 03:00 PMWest Kootenay Area Office in Castlegar, BC, Canada
Please join us in welcoming Region 3 Coordinator, Rob Wotherspoon & new Area 09 Staff Representative, Mike Fenton.
Food and Drink will be provided so please RSVP at the link below no later than Friday, February 10, 2017.
Please note that leaves will not be provided.
Wednesday, March 08, 2017 at 09:00 AMBCGEU - HQ in Burnaby, BC, Canada
The meeting will take place in the Tom Kozar Education Centre "C".
The agenda will be sent out closer to the meeting date.
Hotel accommodations will be made at the Hilton Metrotown (6083 McKay Ave) for those who request one.
If you are flying, please contact BCGEU Travel and they will make your flight arrangements for you:
Toll free: 1-800-663-1674 Local: (604) 343-1286
- IT IS IMPORTANT YOU BOOK YOUR TRAVEL AT LEAST 14 DAYS IN ADVANCE TO RECEIVE THE CHEAPEST AIRFARE POSSIBLE.
- A member/representative will be reimbursed for the actual cost incurred for travel by public transportation. Receipts must be attached to the expense claim form.
- Important – The Union will only reimburse for the cheapest form of transportation. If you choose to drive and your mileage claim exceeds the cheapest airfare available to the Union, you will only be reimbursed the lesser amount. Any additional leave of absence or hotel accommodation required will also be at your own expense. To claim air fare equivalent, form FA-733 must be completed.
- No reimbursement will be made for flights purchased from an airline directly.
- No reimbursement will be made for any expenses incurred where the appropriate prior authorization has not been obtained.
- Car Rental Insurance (when applicable) – Loss Damage Waiver Insurance coverage must be carried on a rental vehicle.
- If you are unable to attend for any reason, please notify this office as soon as possible to cancel hotel reservations and any luncheon arrangements.
- Please note: Further to the 2000 BCGEU Policy Convention resolution passed by the delegates to “adopt a scent free policy for all union functions”, in consideration of those who have allergies or sensitivities to perfume and other fragrances, please refrain from wearing scented products and perfume.