Labour Code OHS Committee Training in the Castlegar Area
To all Labour Code OHS Committee Members in the Castlegar Area
"Joint OHS Committee Training" will be held on Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 and "Incident Investigations" will be held on Wednesday, April 26th, 2017. These courses will be held at the BCGEU office at 2316 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
In the Joint OHS Committee Training course you will learn:
- Worker OHS rights, including the refusal of unsafe work procedure
- OHS legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of employers, workers, supervisors and committees
- Hazard identification and control measures
- How to conduct effective workplace inspections and incident investigations
- Resources available to the committee
In the Incident Investigations you will learn:
- The legislative requirements for conducting accident/incident investigations
- How to get to the contributing factors by conducting effective witness interviews and examining physical evidence
- How to assess the evidence in order to recommend effective corrective measures
These courses are limited to 22 seats so register early at email@example.com to avoid disappointment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to improve your ability to advocate for workers' health and safety rights - register today.
Note: If you have not taken your annual education leave, as mandated by the Workers' Compensation Act and your Collective Agreement - apply for this employer paid leave through your employer.
2316 Columbia Ave Castlegar, BC V1N 2X1 Canada